We can now announce the launch of our Xero app which has been approved by Xero for limited release to ShopWired users.
Our Xero app is currently in beta
You should consider the Xero app to be in BETA. This means that whilst the app has been thoroughly tested and approved for (limited) public release by Xero (having undergone their own testing procedure), we cannot guarantee that the app will be error free.
Based on user feedback, we will be adding and refining the features on the Xero app over the course of the next few weeks.
To use the app you will need to create an account on an external system currently in development called ShopWiredConnect. You should also consider ShopWiredConnect to be in BETA meaning that whilst it has been thoroughly tested, we cannot guarantee that it will be error free.
ShopWiredConnect has not yet been released to all ShopWired users and unfortunately there are currently no help guides available.
Any enquiries about ShopWiredConnect or the Xero app should be directed by email to email@example.com. Unfortunately telephone support or live chat support is not available for ShopWiredConnect or the Xero app at the present time.
Using the Xero app
1. You should create an account on ShopWiredConnect at https://connect.shopwired.co.uk/users/sign_up (you can use the same username/password as your ShopWired account, but this is not mandatory).
2. Once you have created your account, you will be prompted to enter the API keys from your ShopWired account. These can be obtained by following the instructions here.
You will be asked whether you want to import historical orders which means orders placed on ShopWired before you setup your ShopWiredConnect account.
3. Once you've entered your API keys, select the second item from the left hand menu (it's an icon of 9 squares). Next, click the 'configure app' button beneath the Xero icon.
4. You will then be prompted to login to your Xero account and authorise ShopWiredConnect to access it. You should click accept and you'll then be transferred back to ShopWiredConnect.
5. On the app configuration page you'll now see some new options:
Select the account within Xero that sales receipts should be sent to.
Select the VAT rate you wish to apply to sales that are vattable.
VAT EXCLUSIVE RATE
Select the VAT exclusive rate you wish to apply to sales that are non-vattable.
SELECT PAYMENT ACCOUNT
Select the account that you wish to receive payments into.
Each payment method you have configured on your store can be configured to a different payment account on Xero.
Alternatively you can specify the same payment account for all payment methods by selecting a xero account for the 'default' payment method.
If configuring individual payment methods you must ensure you specify the 'payment method' value correctly. For a list of available payment method values please contact us.
SELECT DELIVERY PAYMENT ACCOUNT
Select the account within Xero that delivery sales receipts should be sent to. This can be set to the same account as the sales receipts.
6. Once you have finished you should ensure the 'enable the synchronisation' tick box is selected and click the save changes button.
7. Orders placed on your ShopWired account will now be populated across to Xero.
Please note that it can take up to 1 hour for an order to be sent from ShopWired to Xero through ShopWiredConnect.
If you opted to import historical orders these can take up to 12 hours to import (depending on the number of orders in your account).
Testing the integration
We advise you to place a test order on your ShopWired account and wait for it to transfer to Xero in order to test the integration is working correctly.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org